IBM YouTube channel , IBMSocial Biz :
Check out some articles about the release of IBM’s enterprise level social collaboration platform.
ZDNET.com talks about IBMs continued social enterprise push in IBM Connections 4.0 :
Mark Fidelman from Forbes details why IBM Connections 4.0 is part of the next generation enterprise : http://www.forbes.com/sites/markfidelman/2012/09/12/ibm-launches-a-bold-new-vision-for-the-digital-village/
Its here and its full of new features …. included in this are :
- IBM Connections Files is now available within the Lotus Live offering. Allowing for easier upload and sharing making collaboration easier.
- Mobile clients for meetings
- New Connections community management settings.
- New Notes features
- New Help system for you to view all these new features.
Congratulations to all the teams involved , including my own .
Well…. it is IBM’s online social networking and collaboration suite that is helping businesses work smarter. That’s part of the tagline. However , its the people that make business smarter and for your average user this means:
- Not emailing those large documents, but sharing it out to people in Files. They can even share with people outside of your company as well by sending guest invites for sharing purposes
- Tagging documents so they can find it later or other people in my company can.
- Building Activities with their colleagues who may be working on another continent or who just happen to be working from home that day.
- Creating Communities around a project proposal, a yearly budget or business energy savings.
Wrap all this with online meetings and email and you have something that makes any worker work smarter. Try LotusLive … http://www.lotuslive.com
IBM knows social networking isn’t just for fun—it can also make companies much more efficient.
First Offering Is Part of a Series of Integrations between SugarCRM and IBM’s Collaboration Tools. Full story here…